Travel Fund Application Guidelines
GRAB Student Travel Fund (Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 & Summer 2019)
GRAB provides travel funds to support EAHR students to participate in conferences. The funds are available for both full-time and part-time students who have received acceptance letters for conferences. The total travel fund provided to GRAB from EAHR Department is $17,000 and will be distributed among the four program areas: K-12, EHRD, Higher Education, and Adult Education. Students are eligible to submit an application once a semester. Your complete application must be received within the period of opening applications. (The application typically opens for two weeks at the beginning of each semester and GRAB will send out the email informing about the application opening).
The conference time for each semester is as follow:
Fall: September 1, 2018 - January 11, 2019 (deadline to apply for fund closes on October 14th; 5-7 days to get feedback).
Spring: January 12, 2019 - May 31, 2019
Summer: June 1, 2019 - August 31, 2019
Types of travel plan and application requirements
- Domestic travel for conferences
Applications for travel funds will be evaluated based on the following categories:
Type of presentation:
Full Paper, Round table, and poster presentation: GRAB will fund the first author/presenter. Each presenter will receive $ 500 for full paper and round table, and $ 400 for poster presentation. Should the participant participate in more than one presentation, the participant may only receive the maximum fund. The maximum fund per applicant is $500. To be noted, GRAB will only fund the poster presentation for domestic travel only.
1. Must be applied during the open application term only for each semester. The application typically opens for two weeks at the beginning of each semester. GRAB will send out the email informing about the application opening. The feedback for the travel fund application will be given between 5-7 days after the application closes for each semester.
2. Priority will be given to first-time conference presenters.
3. All funded participants are required to present posters of their presentation at GRAB Symposium
4. If you are currently working as an employee of TAMU (e.g., Graduate assistant, Student technician, and so on), you MUST submit your “Concur” leave request before the travel. Should you have additional query in this regard, please communicate to Susan Sassano, EAHR Business Coordinator.
International travel for conferences
Type of presentation:
Full Paper: GRAB will fund 1author/presenter. Should the participant participatesas well in more than one presentation, the participant may only receive the maximum type of fund. The maximum fund for this type of travel is $700.
Poster/roundtable/other: No travel fund is available for international poster/roundtable/other presentations.
A. Must be applied during the open application term only
B. For ALL International travel, students MUST contact the Study Abroad Office prior to traveling to insure that all required travel approvals are submitted. Failure to do so will result in the denial of any travel reimbursement for international travel. You will need to secure the approval email from the Study Abroad Office which must be submitted with your expense report.
As part of encouraging students to initiate effort in navigating the scholarly experience in attending conferences, GRAB supports first-time, non-presenter with travel grant of $300. Due to the limited resources, however, applicants will be awarded on a competitive basis. The criteria for applying for this type of travel fund is as follows:
1. Full-Time Ph.D or Part-time Ph.D student only;
2. Must be enrolled in the academic year;
3. Must be affiliated in EAHR Department;
4. First time conferences in the Ph.D program
5. Priority will be given to the students during the coursework (i.e. not a Ph.D candidate)
6. Applicants should submit the following documents to the treasurer:
o A document explaining how the participation in the conference benefit their academic career (A single-space page, times new roman, 12 pt, not exceeding 400 words);
o A document explaining how the participation to particular conference contributing to EAHR department and your program. (A single-space page, time new roman, 12 pt. not exceeding 400 words).
Students could choose one of those transportation means:
Flight: Reservation must be booked for economy class only
Conference hotel or equivalent
* It’s suggested that you share a room with other students if possible as a cost saving measure.
Conference registration fee only
By prior agreement only
Expenses for meals are not able to be funded.
If you have any further questions, please contact the treasurer or any of GRAB members.
GRAB Travel and Research Grant Fund Representative: Nuzulul Isna, firstname.lastname@example.org
Documentation after Approval:
Please note you are required to provide your original receipts, airline tickets, and other travel documents upon return from the conference travel. If you fail to do so, you will not be reimbursed any money even if you are approved, and you will not be eligible for any further funding from GRAB or EAHR. A brief letter (not to exceed 500 typed words) MUST be included with the materials listed above explaining how your development and the mission of the EAHR Department were furthered by attending and presenting at this particular conference. The relevance of your attending and presenting at this conference should be made clear in your letter. Turn in all these documents in a single, complete packet to Susan Sassano within 10 days of returning from your conference.
EAHR, Texas A&M University
511 Harrington Tower, 4226 TAM U
College Station, TX 77843-4226