SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Performance oriented professional and lifelong learner with significant experience in training and defining curriculum strategies. Articulate presentation skills and proven success managing projects. A respected leader with the ability to project responsive management of personnel as well as assess learning outcomes related to courses and programs. Sound knowledge and experience in identifying ‘best practices’ for adult learning and motivation. Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and build relationships of trust to ensure resources and staff development are provided to promote success and advancement. Reputation as an approachable professional with impeccable integrity and ethics. Able to identify and resolve barriers, projecting responsive direction and management.
HDI (formerly STI Knowledge/Zavata) Colorado Springs, CO (HQ) 2000 – Present
The world’s leading provider of IT service and support certification programs.
Faculty Member, Master Certified Trainer (Contract)
- Deliver cutting-edge methodologies and provide specific training of HDI/STI Knowledge Certification Courses for personnel at Fortune 100 companies.
- Conduct training classes required for certification process for support industry professionals using onsite, virtual and remote methods.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and course outcomes.
- Create industry ‘best practices’ for certification curriculum with emphasis on training and certification in technical support industries, customer service and call centers.
- Collaborate with training staff and function as Test Writer for certification courses (HDI, STI Knowledge).
- Manage classroom onsite certification training courses for companies such as: Dell, GameStop, Rack Space, Hewlett Packard, Sales Force, Fidelity Investments, Polo Ralph Lauren, Dynegy, Frito Lay, Comerica Bank, Memorial Hermann Hospital, DFAS, IRS, and Dept of the Navy, North Eastern University, ACS, Trammell Crow, Canadian Pacific Railroad and the Texas Comptrollers Office.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) and curriculum developer for call center and help desk classes.
Contract Training Consultant, Catalyst Training & Development at Dell Computer Corporation
- Held three year assignment to facilitate instruction designed for Dell Individual Contributors and provided training needs analysis, content creation and ongoing material updates.
- Delivered the following courses:
- Speaking for Success – Instructed students on the basics of presentation skills using a persuasive format. Students submitted five videotaped presentations in two days while receiving critique and coaching to improve performance.
- Delivering Answer First Presentations – Taught participants how to present a business case using Dell’s exclusive executive level format. Videotaped and coached students to improve skills.
- Communication Excellence – Directed individuals to categorize ideas cohesively and use voice power to motivate audience to action. Administered DISC Communication Assessment.
- Time Management for Success – Created this class expressly for Dell Onsite Engineers to ensure quality customer service and optimal service level agreements while managing time effectively.
VOLT SERVICES GROUP, Dallas, TX and Phoenix, AZ 1998 – 2000
A workforce solution organization.
Account Manager/Direct Placement Recruiter
- Pre-screened candidates by reviewing resumes; conducted interviews for appropriateness of skills and experience; developed job descriptions, and sourced potential candidates.
- Served as main point of contact for candidates and provided complete, accurate information about open positions for accounts at Microsoft, GTE, Flash Net and Frito Lay.
- Maintained precise and well-ordered documentation on candidates and searches; coordinated reports, service level agreements and presentations to clients and senior management.
LOWE’S HOME CENTERS, INC., Bryan, College Station and Sugarland, TX 1997 – 1998
Worldwide home improvement retail organization.
- Charged with targeting, interviewing and maintaining 150-200 employees including wage management.
- Handled on-boarding process and performed new hire orientation and continual training for staff.
- Ensured compliance with company policies, management practices and legal requirements.
- Facilitated organizational growth through effective employee recruitment, training, motivation, and coaching and performance management.
- Employed training processes and development strategies to enhance and support long and short term business plans and enforce corporate values.
- Identified needs and responded with action plans, deliverables and development of multiple employee training programs focusing on sales, service and leadership.
- Organized hiring of employees for a new store location in Sugarland, Texas.
Texas A&M University, College Station, Tx (currently pursuing, projected graduation 2017)
Master of Science, Educational Human Resource Development: Specialization in Adult Education
SAM HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY, Huntsville, TX
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Minor: Criminal Justice, National Dean’s List
eDUCATIONAL Affiliations – Texas A&M University
Board Member – Graduate Advisory Board – Distance Liason Chair 2015-2016
Steering Committee Member of the Graduate Teaching Academy for Future Faculty
Certified Workforce Manager- RCCSP
Certified Call Center Manager - RCCSP
Certified Call Center Professional –RCCSP
HDI Certified Instructor
HDI Customer Service Representative
HDI Support Center Analyst
HDI Desktop Support Technician
HDI Technical Support Professional
HDI Support Center Team Lead
HDI Support Center Manager
HDI Certified Instructor
ITIL Foundations V2
ITIL Foundations V3
HDI Structured Problem Solving for Support Pro
HDI Desktop Support Manager
Member of the National American Society of Training and Development
Member of Local Austin ASTD Chapter
ASTD Board Member – Past VP Membership
Member of the Help Desk Institute
Member Austin Chapter of International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
Conferences and Speaking Engagements
TEDX TAMU Speaker 2016 : Pioneering change Conference
Track Chair – Fusion 2015: The People Factor Track
Key Session Speaker – HDI Conference and Expo (2015) (2016)
Facilitator – HDI 2015 Conference and Exp: Certified Support Center Team Lead
Key Session Speaker – HDI Conference and Expo (2014)
Key Session Speaker – Help Desk Institute (HDI) Conference and Expo (2013)
Facilitator – HDI 2014 Conference and Exp: Certified Support Center Team Lead
Session Speaker and Facilitator - STI Knowledge Symposium 2003-2006
Session Speaker and Facilitator - STI Knowledge Annual Conference -2001 -2006
Support World: The Conceptual Age and Right Brain Skills (January/February 2016)
Support World: The State of the Industry Issue: The 2020 Generation Gap (November/December 2014)
Support World: Workforce Management: Underutilized Metrics for Success (September/October 2013)
International Standards Committee Chairman: Certified Desktop Technician V.2.2 (2012)
International Standards Committee Member: Certified Support Center Manager V.4.0.1 (2012)
Hands on Housing ~ Red Cross Volunteer ~ Mobile Loaves and Fishes Volunteer
Primary Coordinator for Interface Hospitality Network (IHN) Foundation for the Homeless program
First United Methodist Church, Administrative Board Member ~ Vice Chairman of the Administrative Board Vacation Bible School Teacher ~ Coordinator of Christmas Brunch